Antimicrobial resistance (AMR) is a worldwide threat to our ability to treat infectious diseases and undermines advances in health and medicine. At the 68th World Health Assembly (2015). The World Health Assembly endorsed “The Global Action Plan on Antimicrobial Resistance “.
The Plan aims to tackle AMR by:
• improving awareness and understanding of AMR
• strengthening knowledge through surveillance and research
• reducing the incidence of infection
• optimising the use of antimicrobial agents
• developing the economic case for sustainable investment